Saturday, February 20, 2010

Progress Progress Progress

Trekking out to the site this morning and I discovered a van in "my" driveway. Not knowing who was inside, I poked my head in and came face to face with a tile installer. Yes - a tile installer!!!! He said hello and told me that he was there to install the kitchen and foyer tile. They would have done the main bathroom tile but you'll see why below. I was so happy! I offered to buy him and his partner a round of Timmy's but they politely declined. I told them I wanted to grab a couple of photos before I got out of their way. They were gracious and told me to take my time...

From the dining room into the living room...




From the kitchen breakfast bar looking into the living room....



I went up to third level to see what was happening up there and discovered my railings! The stain is perfect (although a bit dirty but whatever, it's a construction zone!) and I was so glad to see I had spindles and not a solid knee wall! I couldn't have been more pleased...



On another note, I received a phone call from Erin at the Design Centre last night indicating that my main bathroom tile (both floor and wall) were discontinued and could I please come in this weekend and pick another selection? She told me she would leave suggestions with the weekend girls and they would pass along my choices to her on Monday morning. Surprisingly, I wasn't upset - I figured I could handle this one of two ways: throw a tantrum, bitch and moan OR take it with a grain of salt and make another selection. The weekend crew at the DC were so helpful and friendly and I think we made a really good choice.

An ironic note to this story - the new selection of tile and listello border were actually one of my original considerations from early in my decision process. Strange how things work....


No comments:

Post a Comment