Sunday, February 14, 2010

One month four weeks and two days

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post as I have not been out to the house. My weekends are consumed lately with packing, chores around the house and a wee bit of laziness due to weather. But today I ventured out just to see what was up.

I was greeted at the front door by brick! Yes, brick! I am pleased with my front entrance as it will possibly allow me to place my small swing at the front to relax and watch the neighbourhood go by. The brick is orange-ish in colour while siding will be put on above the brick. I have a feeling the siding will be a neutral tan colour but we'll have to wait and see.




As more and more progress is made, I am waiting for the day that I walk up to the front door and it will be locked. But today was not that day. I walked in and was greeted by walls - lovely painted walls. The colour is lighter than I expected but it still works. Builders usually use the cheapest flat paint but I plan to keep it for a year and then if the feeling moves me, I will paint. But for now I will enjoy. Below is the laundry room as seen from its doorway.



As luck was on my side, no one was around but it still felt like I was breaking and entering. Technically it's not my house yet so you can understand what I mean. I thought I would brave it and go all the way upstairs to see how things were going up there. As I got to the top of the stairs, I was happy to see a bathtub. A wonderfully deep tub.



The bedrooms are coming along well with a whack of light coming into them. Especially the guest bedroom - which is much larger than I anticipated. Getting a desk and futon in there will not be a problem. The master bedroom will require a bit of thought for furniture placement but it will all be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment