Monday, October 26, 2009

Pre-Con Pros & Cons

Well, all in all, my pre-construction meeting went OK. I got some good news and some bad news.

First, the bad news. I was informed that my closing date has been delayed 6 weeks to April 13. Apparently, according to my Customer Care Coordinator, Steven, there was an issue with permits resulting from the abundance of rainfall in June / July. I don't know what that has to do with me as the flood plain is no where near my development. I can only assume the city put a hold on any new development permits until the water issue was resolved which occured in August / September so the timing is about right and it makes sense. But according to friends, it makes me naiive.

Anyhoo, my builder seems like a good guy. We reviewed the upgrades I selected in my earlier design appointments as well as reviewed the exterior of the building. In approximately 6- 8 weeks, I will have my framewalk which my house, by then, will have a roof, plumbing, electrical, windows, doors. Something to look forward to.

As well, my builder has switched kitchen suppliers so I will likely re-visit the design centre to confirm my choices with the new supplier. But I was assured that my design consultant would work with me to finalize new selections.

Now for the good news - which is connected to the bad news. I'm kinda glad my closing date was moved. You see, moving in April will be much more pleasant than moving in February. AS WELL, the slight delay will allow me to save a bit more $$, which can never hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment