Saturday, December 19, 2009

Finally - An update

A series of miscalculations as well as work commitments and of course, Christmas preparations, basically prevented me from posting over the last couple of weeks. But I'm happy to share the status before departing for Christmas vacation.

With the sunshine and blue sky providing a great backdrop, I headed out to the house to take a couple of pictures this morning. Closing date is still scheduled for April 13, 2010 and it looks like things are coming along nicely. Early on, I was hoping to have foundation and roof on before winter. I was lucky enough to get foundation, roof, and windows / doors 3 days before our first Ottawa snowfall. I noticed this morning I have a front door! Yay me!



My goal for January is to put my kitchen appliances on order. I am upgrading the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher and Mattamy requests that the appliances be ordered 90 days prior to closing so I have The Brick on my to-do list. The washer and dryer, which I have picked out, just need comparison shopping at local retailers. With 2010 quickly approaching, the realization of the home ownership is quickly materializing!



I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May your 2010 be prosperous!

No comments:

Post a Comment