Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dining Room - Finally!

After months of searching, I have finally selected my dining room set. On the advice of a friend, I checked out Prestige Furniture in Orleans early one Saturday morning. I browsed for a bit and after speaking with Robbie, saleslady extraordinaire, I settled on the set you see below (minus the sideboard / cabinet). As well, I purchased 4 chairs and the bench. Unfortunately it takes approximately 8 weeks for delivery so I have almost 6 weeks to prepare the room.



A few months ago, I attended one of those art sales at the Centurion Center on Colonnade Road. To say it was a zoo would be an understatement. With doors scheduled to open at 11 am, people were lining up early, ready to go. Doors opened and the stampede ensued. I managed to get in and get out in a mere 40 minutes with two paintings for the dining room. Unfortunately at the time, I did not see any dark frames that I liked so a new search begins.



I was back and forth on the dining room rug issue. Do I or don't I? I finally decided "I do". On the advice of Robbie, Prestige saleslady, she recommended I go to a carpet store and purchase a "border rug", which is a piece of broadloom with a stitched border. I decided to check out my local Home Depot and was not prepared - my 6' x 8' rug was only $49.99! Not wanting the rug to overtake the decor, I settled on a very light green rug, which will complement the paintings and the dark floor / furniture.



I had purchased a set of ready-to-hand curtains from Bouclair however I believe they conflict with the paintings so I will return them for a solid color curtain. I'll post when I have decided.

As well, the search for the perfect light fixture continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment